Monday, June 23, 2008

Finally...

a weekend at home!!! I have to say that I was SO nice to spend an entire weekend at home, unfortunately, Mike couldn't be here with us...so we had to make do with Uncle Stu!!! (note: not really an uncle, just my best friend from PT school. But he's like an uncle to my kids!) And a new friend...Auntie Marie (she's not an aunt either...but since we had Uncle Stu, we had to have an aunt:) She actually is graduating from PT school too...she was a year behind me and Stu, and she's an intern at the hospital that I work at!! So it was SO awesome to spend some time with them...getting to catch up with Stu and getting to know Marie. To get ready for their visit, I spent the entire morning cleaning house...being away 5 weekends in a row, and working full time does NOT do wonders for your house!!! So nice to have a clean house again!! Anyway, so when Stu got here we headed down to the beach...thankfully the weather was cooperating (we had weird thundershowers about an hour and a half before he arrived). And I got some AWESOME pictures...I think that I took almost 250 shots...but I ended up keeping about 150 (and I could probably delete some others too). So here's just a few:

Heading to the beach with Uncle Stu leading the way!!


A couple of pics of Pumpkin enjoying the ocean...

And some of Monkey playing in the surf...


And last, but not least, my Sweet Pea. It took her a while to warm up to the ocean, at first she wouldn't get near it...didn't even want to touch it...

Then, slowly, she gained a little confidence...and would run up to the water's edge...


But quickly run away!!

Then, being the gutsy girl that she is...she allowed the sea to swallow her legs up!!

But still wasn't quite sure she wanted to lose her legs...

Then decided that it really wasn't all that bad...


And really rather enjoyed it!!

And by the end of the day...was basking in all the glory of the ocean!!

Auntie Marie made a quick friend out of Sweet Pea by sharing in her newfound joy of the sea!!

And Uncle Stu was just a great place to rest a weary body!! :)


By the end of the day...a great time was had by all...

Especially when the kids got to walk "Pippy" the Doberman!!

And yes...I WAS actually there...who do you think was taking all the pictures?!

No comments: