Thursday, November 6, 2008

September...November...

Where the heck did October go?! No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I just have been kinda busy lately. Let's see...what happened in October? Lots of work, lots of scrapbooking and lots of kids. My parents came down for a week...and we had a great time!! I haven't been out around here since I moved, and I'm glad that I got to experience it all with my parents. I hope that they had as good a time as I did. We went to Big Sur, Pebble Beach, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and Moss Landing...and I got some awesome pics!! The kiddos LOVED having them here!! We were all sad to see them go...I have GOT to move closer to home so it's not more than 6 months before I get to see someone from my family! I hate living so far away:(

Anyway, here are some pics of their little vacation here. I tried to condense them down so it wouldn't take forever to load...hope it helped.

These were taken their first day here after Monkey's soccer game. We went for a walk on the dunes in Marina...weather wasn't the best, but we still had fun! My Dad was in love with all of the beautiful colours from the native plants growing on the dunes.


These next ones were taken in Andrew Molera State Park in Big Sur, CA. We tried to find an easy day hike because Sweet Pea was tagging along. She actually did really well...she was our map girl!! The trail was really easy, Sweet Pea found some great trees to climb on, there were butterflies and even a snake...Dad almost stepped on it!!


The hike ended up at the ocean here. Dad and I ended up hiking up this steep rock face to get some great pics of the ocean from a bird's eye view. It was beautiful there and my parents really enjoyed it.

The next day we tried to find some tide pools for my mom...she's a sucker for a good tide pool! We ended up walking along the rocks in Pacific Grove...there wasn't too much to see, I think we got there a little late because the tide was starting to come in again...but we did find some crabs, and Sweet Pea ended up being a great rock climber!!


After the tide pools, we decided to go along 17 Mile Drive and Pebble Beach. We didn't have too long because we needed to get back in time to pick up Monkey and Pumpkin from school...but we did have enough time to make some rock statues. My mom was intent on making her little man...and Sweet Pea figured out how to stack the rocks up without having them fall...she actually got the hang of it really quick! The we continued our drive, stopping a few times along the way for the sights. Came across the "Lone Cypress Tree" and took some pictures, I guess the very first time my mom came to North America, her cousin brought her here and they took some pictures in front of this tree. And Sweet Pea befriended a squirrel by sharing her snacks.

The next day we waited until the kids were out of school, then headed over to the Monterey Bay Aquarium...that place is always amazing...no matter how many times you go there. They had some great new exhibits, and the kids had a blast!!

But my favorite exhibit was a coming attraction...they just had a little aquarium with these guys in it...but will be opening up a big one to show them in all their glory. They really are amazing little creatures...these Sea Dragons stole the show for me and my parents!! I can't wait to see their new exhibit!! Aren't they just amazing?!

The last full day that my parents were here we went for a little walk along the Elkhorn Slough (pronounced slew). And it was HOT!!! and DRY!!! The kids didn't last very long because it was so hot, but we did get to see some fish, crabs and birds.


After our little walk we ended up heading over to Moss Landing to have lunch and play in the surf a bit. On our drive over there we ended up spotting some otters and seals playing in the water and got some cool close up pics!!

So we did ALOT of sight seeing while my parents were here...but it was great to finally get out and see them. Can you believe that I've been here for a year, and haven't seen most of this?! We also went up to the Bay Area for a day for some great Dim Sum with my mom's aunt and uncle and some awesome Malaysian food with Jay and Jenn!! AND, my parents got to see Pumpkin and Monkey play 2 soccer games!! AND Monkey actually scored his first goal EVER while they were watching...it was so awesome!! And we were SO proud of him! I'll never forget that smile on his face...unfortunately...I didn't catch it on film because there was too many kids in front of him...but we'll never forget it:)

I was SO happy to have my parents here for a week...I really miss them and the rest of my family. I'm still working on Mike to move closer to Canada...and you know what? I think that I may have done it...it's still a work in progress...but he actually agreed to move closer to my family!! I just don't know when that will happen, but I'm happy just the same! :)


I love you guys!! Thank you SO much for making the trip down here to see us!! I can't wait to see you again in the summer!!

This post was a couple days in the making because of all the pics I put together...but I'll try to be back within the next couple days to post some of the scrapbook LOs I've made in the last month!!

Thanks for coming!

No comments: