Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Black Friday!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you were able to spend time with your loved ones. You may have stumbled upon my little blog if you were following the ScrapMatters Black Friday Blog Train. If you did you probably came from Mary's blog.

Thanks for spending time with ScrapMatters instead of trying to get through those crazy early shoppers!! Or maybe, you've already gone and have managed to come back in one piece...either way, welcome to the Monterey Peninsula in CA!! The holiday season, to me, means being able to spend quality time with my loved ones. Usually, it's the only time I get to spend it with my family back home in Canada. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to make it up there this year:( But that's okay, because we get to spend it with my DH's side in Vegas!! We don't have a tradition, so to speak...but now that my kiddos are getting to be old enough, I think that it's time that we start one...or a few!! Any suggestions?

I guess my "tradition" would be that I get an ornament for my kiddos and my DH every year. I try to make it special, something that pertains to something that happened during the year. I think that I'll have to get soccer ones for my kiddos this year!! Decorating the tree was one of the most exciting times of the holiday season for me when I was growing up. I loved our tree...it wasn't the prettiest...but it had the best memories attached to it. Usually we would head out with my Dad and my cousins and trek through the snow to find and cut down that perfect tree. Then, we would spend the night decorating it with our family. I loved our ornaments...our tree was never one that would be found in a department store...but every ornament had a special memory...and that's what I want for my kids!

There are a few things going on over at ScrapMatters.
First, ScrapMatters is having a SALE!!!


Also, the Daily Downloading is starting again...today!!


And last, but certainly not least, there will be a Speed Scrap today at 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain and 6pm Pacific. Hope you have a wonderful, fun-filled Black Friday!!

So, I know that you are here to see what goody I have in store for you...and without further ado...here it is!! The image is clickable...I hope you like it!! I had a blast making it!


The next stop on your trip should be Dawn's blog. If you ever get lost or have missed a stop, try to start at the ScrapMatter's blog or Andilynn's blog.

I hope you enjoy your trip and that you have a wonderful and safe holiday season!!

Cheers:)

10 comments:

AmyB said...

Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

I so love this idea! Thanks so much!

Emilee said...

very cool, tfs!

Phyldar said...

Thanks so much for this great calendar - I'm going to make one for my husband to have on his desk at work with pics of him with our grandson!

Kay R. said...

Great idea! Thanks!

Pam said...

Love the creative idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!! So cute!!

janedoe said...

Thanks so much Natasha for this awesome desktop calendar!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea!! Thanks so much for this wonderful gift!

Vestidadelmar said...

Great freebie. I love this train. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh - seriously so cool! Love it!!!!! Thanks so much!